找出排列的趨勢 1 (英)
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.
找出排列的趨勢 1 (英) : 找出排列的趨勢 1
- The question we're given asks us, how many students attended
- Einstein School in 2006?
- And in this little table, they tell us how many attended in
- 2001, 150 students, and in 2002, 225, 2003, we had 300
- students, but they don't tell us 2006.
- So what I think they want us to do is to see the pattern
- and how many students the population of students grew by
- every year, and just assume that that pattern continues
- through 2006.
- So we need to figure out what the pattern is from one year
- to the next, and then we're going to figure out 2004,
- 2005, and then 2006.
- So the assumption that we're making in this problem, and I
- think that the problem wants us to make, is that whatever
- the pattern of growth was in these three years, that they
- continue all the way to 2006.
- So let's see what's happening here.
- When we go the first year, what happens to our student
- We go from 150 to 225 students.
- And the easiest pattern to think about is, well just how
- much are we increasing by every year?
- So how much do we have to go to from 150 to 225?
- We increased.
- Well, if you increase by 50, you get to 200, so we
- increased another 25.
- So we increased by 75 students.
- And then they go from 225 to 300, how many
- did we increase by?
- Looks like 75 again.
- 75 plus 225 is 300.
- So it looks like we increased by another 75.
- So the pattern here is that each year, 75 more students
- attend the Einstein School.
- So let's just continue that pattern.
- So let's add another 75.
- Let's add another 75 to the 300 in 2003,
- and we'll get 375.
- In 2004, if we assume the pattern continues, let's add
- another 75.
- And then what will that give us?
- That'll give us 450 students in 2005, if we assume the
- pattern continues.
- And we're almost there.
- Let's add a final 75, 75 plus 450.
- If you add 50, you get to 500, so it's
- another 25, so it's 525.
- So that would be the answer to our question, if we assume the
- pattern continued, that 525 students attended Einstein
- School in 2006.